Cottage Life Social Worker

Join Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina to begin a meaningful and rewarding career where you are changing the lives of children and families!  If you want more than just a job, and are seeking a calling to help abused, abandoned and neglected children, we want you on our team. Our magnificent direct care and support staff are the reason behind the success of children who thrives under our care. If you are ready to provide children with guidance, structure and encouragement, join us.  We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.  As one of North Carolina's premier youth services agencies, we are seeking dedicated individuals and experienced professionals to join our team and support our goal of providing an environment of care where health, healing and hope are experienced by those who enter our doors.


The Cottage Life Advocate shall provide social work responsibilities under the guidelines provided by the Department of Health and Human Services of North Carolina and treatment program and practice of B&GH, The Waccamaw Way.


At least 21 years of age and a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Social Work or Human Services. Knowledge and passion for child welfare. Ability to lead and coach other adults. Ability to related to at-risk children, youth and families.

Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test. Background investigation required.

WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a residential treatment facility. Schedule may include weekends, nights and/or holidays. Environment may be extremely stressful.

You can apply by completing the Boys and Girls Homes Application and sending it by email to or fax to 910-646-3609 and/or mail to Boys & Girls Homes of NC, Inc. - P.O. Box 127, Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450 - Attn: Tesa Bush, Human Resources Manager. For questions, please call Tesa Bush at 910-646-3083 ext 205.