The children we serve are incredibly resilient. By learning to grow and harvest seasonal vegetables, they also learn responsibility and the value of hard work. They may also choose to plant and grow bedding plants in the greenhouse or harvest pecans. Vegetables, plants, and pecans are all sold in B&GH’s Country Store.
A horsemanship program is available to residents who wish to learn about the care, and keeping of horses. Weekly trail rides foster a love of horses and nature as well as a sense of accomplishment for a job well done.
The B&GH exhibition center features:
- A large (50,000 square feet) covered arena designed with the flexibility to adapt to any event.
- Seating capacity for 2,500 at arena and up to 6,000 for concerts
- One outdoor exercise ring
- State of the art sound system
- A remodeled, spacious and air-conditioned office for registration
- On-site wi-fi accessiblity
- 200 stalls for horses
- Clean restrooms with showers
- Camper hookups including water, electricity, sewer and sewer dump station
- A concession stand open breakfast through supper
- A ground crew to help set up arena and maintain cleanliness
- Ample parking for trailers
- Chain link fencing and LED lighting to provide security.
View the Arena Calendar for 2017.
To inquire about booking the exhibition center, please contact Eric Tachau.